Thank you for choosing North Shelby Baptist Church SOPA program. You are making an investment into your child’s creativity in the Arts. We are also committing to minister to your student through the Arts. We may do that by providing Christian exhortation and encouragement to your child as well as encouraging Christian music and art resources.
A non-refundable registration fee is due to register and secure a spot for you or your child for the school year. This is true no matter when lessons are started – at the beginning, middle, or end of the school year. If the registration fees are not paid, the student is not enrolled and cannot attend lessons. Registration fees must be paid. These fees cover administrative expenses that are not covered by tuition alone.
A late fee of $15 will be added to all accounts not paid on time. Tuition is due on the first of the month. Payments received after the 10th of the month are considered late.
For music students, it is the responsibility of the student or parent to purchase music needed for lessons. Necessary music will be communicated by the teacher.
Private Lesson Opportunities
The instructional time for private lessons is 30 minutes. We plan to offer the following lessons:
• Beginning Piano
• Intermediate Piano
• Beginning Guitar
$40 Yearly Registration Fee (Due at the time of Registration)
$20 Yearly Registration Fee Each Additional Family Member
(Due at the time of Registration)
$120 Monthly Tuition
While we are not offering this currently, we may offer Advanced Piano lessons in the future, in which the tuition will be higher. We welcome you to express your interest in this opportunity.
• All students and instructors are expected to honor their lesson and class times.
• We have included on our group and private lesson calendars the dates that we expect will need a makeup lesson due to the Shelby County school system calendar.
• Most school day closings are on Mondays, so we plan to have a day of the week (to be determined) set aside for makeups due to Shelby County calendar closings.
• We will allow for only one student makeup lesson per month, but it will be at the teacher’s discretion.
• If a teacher has to miss for illness or emergency, makeups will be scheduled within the month the lesson was missed unless it was the last week of the month.
• If student makeups are not scheduled or honored within the month missed (with the exception of the last week of the month), there will be no makeup for the lesson missed.
• Makeup lessons are the responsibility of the teacher, student, and parent.
• Teachers will communicate to the SOPA coordinator when makeup lessons will be held.
If you are unable to attend your lesson, please notify your instructor as soon as possible. You may also contact Jamie Harper at email@example.com or at 205-259-2640.