Everything we do in the Christian life is in response to God’s initiative.
- God invites us to know Him and we respond in faith to the love and forgiveness He is extending through Jesus.
- God promises abundant life to Christians and when respond through obedience and service and find meaning and joy through a life of meeting the needs of others in Jesus’ name.
- God provides us with the material provisions, what we mistakenly call possessions as if they actually belong to us. God still owns them, He allows us to watch over them for him. God invites and expect us to use these material provisions for His glory and the good of humanity. Our giving is always in response to what God has given.
As a church we need to respond to God’s abundance in giving through excelling in giving. During this final month of the year we need every member to be faithful in giving. I invite you to do the following during December.
- Make sure your tithes (10% of your income) for the year are up to date.
- Make a sacrificial gift to the church budget by giving one of the following:
- One extra week’s tithe.
- One extra month’s tithe
- One extra year’s tithe.
- Give to the Lottie Moon International Missions Offering.
While our faithfulness in giving is always important, it is very important this year. North Shelby Baptist Church has been blessed in many ways in the past year, but we are entering the final month of 2018 behind in our giving. Let’s express our praise through word, deed and giving and honor God as we support the mission and the ministry of the church. See you this coming Sunday.
Your interim pastor,