In case you have not heard, Thanksgiving is earlier and longer this year. In 2018 the 4th Thursday in November is the earliest date possible in November, the 22nd, but Thanksgiving is even earlier than that for The North Shelby Baptist Church Family. It begins on Sunday, November 18 when North Shelby Baptist celebrates this fellowship’s 25th anniversary. God has blessed this church with 25 years of Intensive Care by leading the congregation to be a center of mission engagement and abundant spiritual fellowship. God has provided the church with gifted and committed leaders during the past quarter of century. The very best way to celebrate our anniversary is to make it part of the Thanksgiving holiday week. Thank God for His faithfulness in the past and present and thank God the exciting fruitful future God has in store for the church. Since Thanksgiving is earlier and longer this year, it is time to begin preparing and you can do that by doing the following:
- Circle the date of November 18 and mark it as a “can’t miss Sunday”
- Participate in 25 days of Intensive Prayer by using the Intensive Prayer Calendar. As a church family this church has been the recipient of God’s Intensive Care. If you are familiar with the history of North Shelby Baptist Church, you are aware of God’s 24 hour and 7 day-a-week abundant care and provision. Every gift from God brings with it a responsibility. Our primary responsibility on having received God’s care is prayer. On the 25 days leading up to the church’s anniversary, please thank God for His provision for the church’s past and for His promise for the future.
- Each week invite someone to attend Sunday morning bible study and worship with you. We thank God for His past by inviting others to participate in His redemptive future. There is nothing more selfish than thinking that we can hoard God’s blessing to ourselves. We know God’s Intensive Care for all of humanity through John 3:16, “For God so loved the world.”
- Extend God’s Intensive Care to others by volunteering and serving in the church and the community. You can start by writing an encouraging note to someone you think may be discouraged or by visiting a nursing home.
- Give sacrificially and extravagantly to the Lord’s work. Let’s use the days leading up the 25th anniversary as time to catch up in meeting the church’s ministry and mission budget. As you give each week through the Sunday morning offering or through on-line giving, I invite you to increase it as a way of saying, “Thank you God for your Intensive Care for your North Shelby Church Family.”
See you Sunday.
Your interim pastor,